Sunday, January 23

Bless Me, Todd Rundgrend, For I Have Sinned

According to a recent Twitternet™ posting from self-described "superfan" Agnes Ravatn of Spoettrup, Denmark, “Todd is God," and so 'tis we begin this day with a Prayer of Catholic Contrition to 1970’s nerd messiah Todd Rundgrend: Oh my Todd®, I am partly sorry for having offended thee, and I detest all my sins, because of thy justly punishment and/or drum banging. But most of all, because they offend you, my Todd, who art all good and deserving of the vinyl record store dollars that kindly listeners elect to bestow upon you. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace and multi-instrumentalist production skillsets, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin — whilst pledging to police a "virtual" club appearance featuring a revolving trio of sidemen 'longside you on your interminable, synthesized guitar-soloing journeys. I ask this in the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghostly Spirit, A Wizard, A True Star and Creative Force behind the curious musical foursome known as Utopia®. Amen†